Sandro, doubtful for Sunday's trip to Valencia
The Málaga striker complained of pains to his right hamstring in the weekend win over Deportivo and Juande Ramos decided to take him off.
Málaga striker Sandro underwent tests this morning to determine the extent of the muscular injury he picked up in the weekend game against Deportivo. The striker, who scored one of the goals of the weekend - an unstoppable free-kick, was taken off on 53 minutes after injuring his right hamstring while trying to dribble past Depor's Albentosa.
This morning's tests detected a Grade I injury - which means he is ruled out of Wednesday's Copa del Rey tie against Córdoba and is doubtful for Sunday's league game away at Valencia. It would be a huge loss to Juande Ramos if Sandro is declared unable to play at Mestalla - he's been the team's guiding light this season with six goals - two from direct free-kicks. He has scored in all five of the victories which Málaga have registered at La Rosaleda this season. Against Depor, he was voted Man of the Match and his wonderful free-kick will surely figure among the best goals of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona