Sandro, doubtful for Sunday's trip to Valencia
The Málaga striker complained of pains to his right hamstring in the weekend win over Deportivo and Juande Ramos decided to take him off.
Málaga striker Sandro underwent tests this morning to determine the extent of the muscular injury he picked up in the weekend game against Deportivo. The striker, who scored one of the goals of the weekend - an unstoppable free-kick, was taken off on 53 minutes after injuring his right hamstring while trying to dribble past Depor's Albentosa.
This morning's tests detected a Grade I injury - which means he is ruled out of Wednesday's Copa del Rey tie against Córdoba and is doubtful for Sunday's league game away at Valencia. It would be a huge loss to Juande Ramos if Sandro is declared unable to play at Mestalla - he's been the team's guiding light this season with six goals - two from direct free-kicks. He has scored in all five of the victories which Málaga have registered at La Rosaleda this season. Against Depor, he was voted Man of the Match and his wonderful free-kick will surely figure among the best goals of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?