Modric and Ramos: new leaders in the Madrid dressing room
The Croatian midfielder and the defender from Camas were the stand-out players for Madrid on Saturday and their excellent relationship is key for Zidane's squad.
- Coverage reschudeled match of LaLiga Santander: Celta-Real Madrid live .
With the 'BBC' off-air due to Gareth Bale out with injury, Saturday's El Clásico spotlight fell upon Sergio Ramos with his late goal following a perfect free-kick from Luka Modric, who once again completed an excellent game for Zinedine Zidane's side.
In previous times it was believed that Madrid's dressing room was led by the influence of the club's Portuguese contingent, the balance of power has shifted and it's now Ramos and Luka Modric who are the leaders among the squad. Both players have an excellent personal relationship and have gone out of their way to ensure that new arrivals and youth players feel integrated as part of the Real Madrid first team.
"A decent ball"
The good relationship has seen both players spending time on holiday together and Ramos had nothing but praise for the Croatian's assist after Saturday's game: "A decent ball from Luka, just for a change" jokingly claimed the defender.
Fourth Ramos goal this season
The late equalizer at Camp Nou was Sergio Ramos' fourth goal of the current campaign and the first assist from the Croatian with previous assists coming from Lucas, Kroos and James. It also appears that the goal was something the duo have been working on with Ramos adding: "He indicated as to where he was going to place the ball and I latched onto it. It's something we've worked on and it came in a natural manner".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online