Focus on youth
RB Leipzig Sports Director, Ralf Rangnick spoke about the possibility of Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo playing for the Bundesliga leaders. "It would be crazy to they could fit in with the model we have here. They are too old and too expensive", Rangnick said in an interview with Associated Press which was picked up by Goal.com.
The average age of Leipzig's first team is 23 years - they have one of the most youthful squads in Germany. Rangnick explained: "We have the youngest and most inexperienced team in the Bundesliga" and went onto talk about Leipzig's sensational start to the campaign: "I don't know whether it's a revolution, but it's unusual for a team which was in the Fourth Division three and a half years ago to be in the top flight and on 33 points after 13 games. Nobody expected that".
Among Leipzig's young stars who have helped guide the team to the Bundesliga summit are: Timo Werner (20), Oliver Burke (19), Naby Keita and Bernardo (both 21) and captain Dominik Kaiser, aged 22.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?