Diego López injury not as serious as first feared
The Espanyol keeper suffered a gash to his right knee at Camp Nou last night. After tests today, he is hopeful of returning for the Deportivo game on 6th January.Tenerife vs Getafe: Playoff Final
Diego López was in good spirits and full of optimism after undergoing tests on his injured right knee at Espanyol's training complex this morning. The Pericos' keeper suffered a gash to his right knee while contesting a ball with Barcelona's Luis Suárez at Camp Nou last night and hobbled off the field with his knee heavily strapped on 53 minutes.
Roberto to play Thursday's Cup tie
The keeper is still unable to bend his leg and can only walk with the help of crutches but is confident of being able to return to first team action for New Year opener against Deportivo on 6th January. Obviously he will not be available for Thursday's Copa del Rey Round of 32 return leg against Alcorcón, which is poised at 1-1.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up