Ancelotti "not surprised" that Guardiola is in the firing line
The Bayern Munich coach gave his views on the Manchester City manager's testing time in England and also the winter transfer window.
Carrying the can
Bayern Munich are gearing up for the second half of the campaign with a winter stage in Doha and have a friendly against Belgian outfit KAS Eupen lined up on Tuesday. Meanwhile, coach Carlo Ancelotti was asked about his predecessor, Pep Guardiola, who has become embroiled in a series of problems - for stating that his coaching days are numbered and for Manchester City's position in the Premier League table: "I'm not surprised by the criticism. In football, when things go well, we congratulate the players and when they go badlyl, it's the coach who is to blame", the Italian said.
Time to adapt
Ancelotti went on to point out that it is far from easy to do well in a competition at your first attempt, like Guardiola is doing in the Premier League: "It is never easy when a coach starts in a new league or competition, you always need a period of adaptation".
No new additions
As for his own team, Ancelotti says he won't be making any reinforcements with Bayern Munich in the January window: "The team is complete", he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?