Although Nicolás Gaitán arrived at the Calderón last summer for a sizeable fee he has so far failed to find his way into Diego Simeone’s plans and has only chalked up 663 minutes over 15 appearances this season, mostly from the bench.
Therefore the Argentina midfielder is open to a loan move until the end of the season to gain regular playing time and Tottenham Hotspur have emerged as potential destination, according to reports in the UK.
Gaitán is said to be keen on the idea of playing for a side with title aspirations in the Premier League and Simeone is likely to be equally swayed by the thought of his player gaining some experience in a different league ahead of next season.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash