Barça given longer to prepare for PSG first leg - thanks to Real
The sides' LaLiga week 22 games have been swapped to allow Los Azulgranas more time before their Champions League trip to Paris.
LaLiga has swapped Barcelona and Real Madrid's week 22 fixtures to give the Catalans more time to prepare for their European clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
Barcelona given Real Madrid's afternoon kick-off time
Madrid were in line to visit Osasuna at 16:15 CET on Saturday 11 February, with Barça facing Alavés in the Basque Country at 20:45 later that evening.
But with Barça's Champions League last-16 first leg away to PSG scheduled for the following Tuesday at 20:45, the Camp Nou club asked LaLiga for an earlier kick-off.
The alteration means Luis Enrique's men can arrive back in Barcelona at a reasonable hour on the Saturday and train the next morning before flying to Paris.
Real in continental action a day later than rivals
For Real, who begin the Champions League knockout stages 24 hours later and don't have to travel - they are at home to SS Napoli on the Wednesday - the change to the running order is unlikely to prove a significant inconvenience.
LaLiga week 22: fixture schedule
- Friday 10 February
20:45 Espanyol-Real Sociedad
- Saturday 11 February
20:45 Osasuna-Real Madrid
- Sunday 12 February
18:30 Las Palmas-Sevilla
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"