Demichelis makes Málaga move but Sandro is out for a month
Sandro Ramirez faces between three to four weeks on the sidelines with a muscular injury, on that day that the club announced the signing of Martín Demichelis.
Good and bad news for Málaga. Top scorer Sandro Ramirez will be out of action for the next three to four weeks after suffering an injury to his right hamstring. It's another setback for Málaga who have been plagued by injury problems this season. Diego Llorente is also unavailable for Saturday's away game at Real Madrid due to the fear clause written into his loan contract.
On a happier note, the Andalucians announced the signing of Martín Demichelis, who has passed a medical revision and will make his return to his former club until the end of the season. The 36-year-old defender, who spent two seasons as La Rosaleda from 2011-13, joins on a free contract after being released by Espanyol earlier this month and will be able to play at the Santiago Bernabéu this weekend. He will be formally presented later today.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team