Atlético join the chase for Rosario Central ace Montoya
Boca Juniors, River Plate, Genoa and Sassuolo are also keen on the 23-year-old midfielder, who is valued at 5.5 million euros.
Atleti join the queue
Atlético de Madrid still don't even know if they will be able to enter the first transfer window of next season because of a looming FIFA ban but the club's technicakl department are busy working hard on the lookout for players who they consider interesting prospects for the future. Reports in Italy claim that the Rojiblancos feature in a list of clubs who are chasing Argentine midfielder Walter Montoya who is turning out to be one of the sensations of the season.
The 23-year-old, who plays as a right winger for Rosario Central, has attracted interest from Boca Juniors and River Plate in Argentina, and Genoa and Sassuolo in Italy. Montoya is valued at 5.5 million euros and Atleti's scouting report on the player is enthusiastic. So much so that Diego Simeone has earmarked Montoya as one of the priorities for next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series