Barça not ruling out China bid for Arda but want at least €30m
The Camp Nou board are thought to be considering the Turkey international's position but after paying €42m would prefer to claw back the majority.
Arda Turan has scored 12 goals for Barcelona this season and has recently been enjoying his best spell since his arrival at Camp Nou, muscling his way into the fourth attacking position as back-up to the MSN.
However, the temptation to cash in on the Turkey international, who cost the club 34 million euros up front with seven more in add-ons, is set to be tested by the Chinese Super League, where Arda has long been on the wishlist.
Guanzhou Evergrande in the market for Arda
Last summer Barça reportedly down a 50-million-euro offer from the CSL and now, according to El Confidencial, Guanzhou Evergrande have set their sights on the midfielder. With Barcelona short of cash and eager to tie Leo Messi to a new deal, which it can be safely assumed will not be cheap, the prospect of a huge fee for a player who does not start regularly and one less salary to pay might tip the board in favour of selling Arda.
Enrique keen on Arda stay
While Luis Enrique is a big fan of Arda and sees him as an important squad asset, a bid of 30 million euros or more would probably turn the board’s head even if the manager is adamant he wants the player to stay. That sort of figure is well within the means of several CSL clubs.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys