Ronaldo and Danilo fit for Vigo trip; Achraf trains with squad
The Portuguese star trained as normal on Tuesday after sitting out Monday's session while the versatile Morocco defender may get a senior call-up.
Real Madrid carried out their final training session ahead of the return leg of their Copa del Rey tie with Celta Vigo in Balaídos, where Zinedine Zidane’s side will seek to overturn a 2-1 deficit from the opening game.
Achraf in line for a call-up
The Real boss brought 18-year-old Morocco defender Achraf Hakimi into the senior fold for Tuesday’s session in light of his injury concerns at the back but was given some good news with the return to training of Fabio Coentrão. Zidane's son, Castilla captain Enzo, was also with the first-team squad.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who spent Monday in the gym recovering from a knock to his foot picked up in the match against Málaga last weekend, completed the session with his teammates and should be fit to face Celta. Brazilian full back Danilo was also on the training ground after doubts over fitness in recent days.
For the game at Balaídos Zidane will be without several key players. Gareth Bale and Pepe remain on the long-term injury list while James Rodríguez has suffered another setback and faces a longer spell on the sidelines. Dani Carvajal, Luka Modric and Marcelo are all also out.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game