Halilovic: "Las Palmas' style suits my game, I'm happy"
"I love the style of football they play here - a team which likes to play with a lot of possession could work well for me", the Croatian said at his presentation.
Alen Halilović was formally unveiled by Las Palmas this afternoon. The Croatian joins the islanders on an 18-month loan deal, with an option to buy him outright from Hamburger SV.
The 20-year-old revealed that he and his agent have spent "a month talking to Las Palmas and I think this is the best deicison for my future. I spoke a lot with [Director of Sport] Luis Helguera; the club's sporting project appeals to me".
Halilović admited that he was keen to move away from Hamburg because he wasn't happy there. "It's a great club, but I wasn't playing very much and that was why we decided to look at other options; I'm happy to have signed for Las Palmas. I love the style of football they play here - a team which likes to play with a lot of possession could work well for me", he said. "I don't mind where I play - either just behind the centre-forward or out wide. I played on the wing at Hamburger and through the middle at Barça; I feel comfortable in either position. I just love playing football and I will play wherever the coach wants me to".
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass