Valencia organize trip to visit Peter Lim in Singapore
As soon as the league season is over, the squad will travel to China to play at least one friendly match at Singapore National stadium.
Valencia's Commercial Director Peter Draper is finalizing plans for Valencia's trip to Singapore. Like last season, the visit will take place in May on conclusion of the season, although this time the whole squad will travel as Valencia will play for the first time on Chinese soil, with at least one friendly lined up during their stay. The Valencia expedition will set off on either 22nd or 23rd May. In conjunction with LaLiga, the team will take part in the Singapore Football Festival 2017, almost certainly with a friendly match against a combined XI of players from Singapore. There is also an option of undertaking a mini-tour of China together with another LaLiga side and talk of a possible friendly in Malaysia against Johor Darul Ta'zim.
As always, the tour won't strictly be about pre-season friendlies. The Valencia squad will also take part in a number of promotional events as well as a football clinic with children from the Geylang International Academy, with whom the club has signed a collaobration agreement.
Recommended in English
- BOXING WBC orders Tyson Fury to defend title against Dillian Whyte
- NFL How does Mac Jones' first year compare to Tom Brady's first year?
- NFL Washington's Fitzpatrick needs hip surgery, out rest of season
- NBA The NBA will restrict unvaccinated player travel
- NBA Who are the NBA's all-time leaders in triple-doubles?
- MLB Will Barry Bonds get into the MLB Hall of Fame? Why isn't he in already?