Cruzeiro coach Menezes admits he didn't ask for Lucas Silva back
Silva rejoined Brazilian side Cruzeiro from Real Madrid in the January transfer window, but Menezes told Fox Sports that he already had sufficient cover in that position so never requested the move.
Cruzeiro coach Mano Menezes has admitted that he didn’t ask the club to resign former player Lucas Silva at the end of January, two years after the midfielder left for Real Madrid in a €14m deal.
Talking to Fox Sports, however, Menezes revealed that he had requested the 22-year old’s transfer as his position was already sufficiently covered in the Cruzeiro squad.
"We already have the players in that part of pitch"
"We did not ask for another centre-midfielder,” he said. “We already have the players in that part of pitch where Lucas Silva plays, but I always say that we have to be open to new players."
Menezes also revealed that the operation only began to see traction on the last day of the window.
"The situation was very complicated and it was only at the last minute when Madrid released the player. Lucas did the medical examinations in Sao Paulo, he passed them and that was when it became official."
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth