Cruzeiro coach Menezes admits he didn't ask for Lucas Silva back
Silva rejoined Brazilian side Cruzeiro from Real Madrid in the January transfer window, but Menezes told Fox Sports that he already had sufficient cover in that position so never requested the move.
Cruzeiro coach Mano Menezes has admitted that he didn’t ask the club to resign former player Lucas Silva at the end of January, two years after the midfielder left for Real Madrid in a €14m deal.
Talking to Fox Sports, however, Menezes revealed that he had requested the 22-year old’s transfer as his position was already sufficiently covered in the Cruzeiro squad.
"We already have the players in that part of pitch"
"We did not ask for another centre-midfielder,” he said. “We already have the players in that part of pitch where Lucas Silva plays, but I always say that we have to be open to new players."
Menezes also revealed that the operation only began to see traction on the last day of the window.
"The situation was very complicated and it was only at the last minute when Madrid released the player. Lucas did the medical examinations in Sao Paulo, he passed them and that was when it became official."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan