Dreams to fulfill
Marcos Llorente has opened up about the chance of returning to Real Madrid on a permanent basis, once his year-long loan at Alavés ends in June. "I'm keen to return to Real Madrid, it's my dream to play there. My intention is to go back, it's what I want. The biggest dream I have to accomplish is triumphing at Madrid", the 22-year.-old midfielder told his followers on Facebook Live.
As Diario AS recently reported, Real Madrid are planning to recover the player for next season to have him as cover for Casemiro; it is the only position where Zidane does not have two options.
Marcos Llorente, who comes from a family of former Madrid players (his father is Paco Llorente, his garndfather is Grosso and he is the grandnephew of Paco Gento), has confessed that he occasionally receives advice from Madrid's Honrary President - the only player to have won six European Cups: "When the family meets up, he usually gives me good pieces of advice".
The young midfielder is enjoying a superb season in Vitoria with Alavés, who only recently booked their place in the Copa del Rey final for the first time in history: "I will always rememberAlavés; it was the club which showed faith in me when I left the Second Division B and that's not easy. I will always be grateful to them".
When asked whether he will continue at Mendizorroza next season, he replied: "It's a lengthy process when you are starting out in football and there is a chance that I could continue next season. Although I am a Real Madrid player and I have to do what they say".
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes