New England's Garoppolo hacked on social media: "Peace out Boston"
"So grateful for my time in New England. Peace out Boston." - Jimmy Garoppolo wrote on Instagram as he seemed to confirm his Patriots exit.
Jimmy Garoppolo appeared to have confirmed his departure from the New England Patriots in a post on social media. it was a "hoax or a hack", according to NFL Insider Ian Rapoport.
The NFL reporter said, "There's been no trade talks between the Patriots and the Browns. As far as the people close to Jimmy Garoppolo know, he's not going anywhere. They blamed it on either a hoax or a hack, depending on what your definition of either of those things are.
Garoppolo, who has served as backup to Tom Brady for the past three seasons, has been talked up as a potential trade target for several teams, his reputation enhanced by his performances in games against the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins while Brady was suspended at the start of the 2016 campaign.
The Cleveland Browns, who hold the first and 12th overall picks in this year's draft and acquired a 2018 second-rounder in a trade with the Houston Texans on Thursday, are viewed as a possible destination for Garoppolo.
And it would seem Garoppolo is moving on from the Patriots after he published an Instagram post, which read: "So grateful for my time in New England. Peace out Boston."
Garoppolo completed 43 of his 63 pass attempts in 2016 for 502 yards and four touchdowns.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What will be included on President Biden's executive order on the risk of cryptocurrencies?
- Cryptocurrency How much has Bitcoin devalued since its all-time high?
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs unveils a new historic rivalry
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs, 49ers vs Rams: AFC, NFC Championship Game previews
- NFL NFL Power Rankings: Chiefs, Rams and Niners
- NFL Kelce key to Kansas City's playoff success