Paco Jémez sees red during Cruz Azul friendly
The Spanish coach was give his marching orders during a Cruz Azul-Pumas friendly game for remonstrating with the match official.
Former Rayo Vallecano and Granada boss Paco Jémez was given his first red card in his new position of Cruz Azul coach as they faced Mexico City based Pumas in a Tour Socio MX friendly match staged in the US.
Just two minutes remained on the clock at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas when Jemez was given his marching orders after he complained about a decision relating to his player Antonio García as the match was eventually decided on penalty kicks
After a shaky start in Mexico, Jémez and his Cruz Azul side have gone five games unbeaten and eventually overcame Pumas 4-1 on a shoot-out.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers