Telefónica to be unveiled as new Real Madrid sponsor
El País revealed, and the club has since confirmed, that the new sponsor for Los Blancos will be the telecommunications giant. It is expected to be a two-year agreement.
Telefónica and Real Madrid combine
The story has since been officially confirmed by Real Madrid who will present the new sponsor to the media on Thursday 30 March at 13:30 local time. President of the club, Florentino Pérez, will unveil the details of the deal from the presidential box at the Santiago Bernabéu along with José Mª Álvarez-Pallete, the president of Telefónica, attended also by the first team squads of both the football and basketball teams.
Telefónica, a multi-billion-euro operation, already sponsors various other sports teams including basketball side Estudiantes and the Yamaha team in MotoGP.
Follow the coverage match of the week 29 of the Liga Santander between: Real Madrid-Alavés
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother