Telefónica to be unveiled as new Real Madrid sponsor
El País revealed, and the club has since confirmed, that the new sponsor for Los Blancos will be the telecommunications giant. It is expected to be a two-year agreement.
Telefónica and Real Madrid combine
The story has since been officially confirmed by Real Madrid who will present the new sponsor to the media on Thursday 30 March at 13:30 local time. President of the club, Florentino Pérez, will unveil the details of the deal from the presidential box at the Santiago Bernabéu along with José Mª Álvarez-Pallete, the president of Telefónica, attended also by the first team squads of both the football and basketball teams.
Telefónica, a multi-billion-euro operation, already sponsors various other sports teams including basketball side Estudiantes and the Yamaha team in MotoGP.
Follow the coverage match of the week 29 of the Liga Santander between: Real Madrid-Alavés
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash