Luis Enrique: “If I leave Barça, it is not to go to another team”
Luis Enrique revealed his plans to lie on the beach during the summer and joked that Monchi is welcome to join him for some cider if he is not working next season.
Luis Enrique's Barcelona side face Sevilla at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night at 19:30 and the outgoing manager says his side are "conscious that it will be a difficult game".
Andres Iniesta has not been playing as often as he once did in Barcelona's side and Luis Enrique says he "suffered to unfortunate injuries" but that he is now able to train at athe same "unique level" that he is capable of playing at adding that it is "important to be able to count on him".
Luis Enrique was also asked about teaming up with Monchi but the Barça manager laughed off the possibility saying, "I don't think Monchi is thinking about going to La Escalerona, that is my plan for the summer. On the beach of San Lorenzo. If he isn't working, I will invite him to share a drop of cider with me."
And when pressed on his plans for next season, he said "If I leave Barcelona, my home, it is not to go to another team. It's to rest and nothing more. It is not to go to another team."
Luis Enrique also said he would not give an opinion on Unzue's chances of succeeding him but said if he was still at the club when something was announced that he would give his opinion then.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 4 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers