Iago Aspas will stay on with Celta de Vigo until June 2022. The club announced that the Spain international has extended his contract with the club as reward for the sensational season he has been enjoying and to ward off a number of clubs who have shown an interest in luring him away from Vigo. The 29-year-old is the leading Spanish goal scorer with 15 goals in the domestic league competition and 21 goals in total from 38 games in all competitions.
New Celta deal thrills Aspas
Aspas told the club website that he is "very happy" with his new contract and promised to try to "beat every possible challenge", adding: "I've spent many years here and it is a dream to think that a young child could see themselves reflected in me. My dream is to win a trophy with Celta".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades