Lewandowski misses training two days before Madrid clash
Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski missed training with a shoulder injury, 48 hours before Champions League quarter-final. Neuer back in action.
Carlo Ancelotti’s problems continue in the run up to Bayern’s Champions League quarter-final clash with Real Madrid.
Lewandoski may not shoulder the burden
Robert Lewandowski did not train at the club’s Sabener Strasse training ground this Monday due to an issue with his shoulder. With the first leg at the Allianz Arena just 48 hours away, the alarm bells are ringing.
The Polish marksman left the pitch in pain during Bayern’s comfortable 4-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund, having already scored two goals.
Ancelotti indicated after the match that his striker would be available to play against Madrid, and stated that “it didn’t look serious”. That said, Lewandowski has only been able to train in the gym on Sunday and Monday. With the Real Madrid match looming on Wednesday, his fitness is in doubt.
Neuer returns to training
There is good news for Carlo Ancelotti, however, as Manuel Neuer returned to training following his foot operation. The goalkeeper underwent surgery on the 31st of March, and his ability to recover ahead of the Champions League quarter final appeared doubtful. He missed Bayern’s Bundesliga clashes with Augsburg, Hoffenheim, and Borussia Dortmund.
Mats Hummels remains a worry; the German international pulled up with an ankle injury during training on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Robert Lewandowski's priority is Real Madrid
- QATAR 2022 What cities and stadiums will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Pogba: 'We deserved to lose and need to find the problem'
- BARCELONA Dani Alves opens door for sensational Barcelona return
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS