Casemiro misses flight back to Madrid after doping test
The Brazilian was singled out to undergo a routine doping control which didn't finish in time for the player to rejoin the rest of the squad on the flight back to Spain.
Real Madrid returned home last night, taking a direct flight back from Munich to Barajas after the team's 1-2 Champions League win over Bayern. However, one member of the squad was not on the plane. Casemiro was selected to take a doping control, UEFA's standard procedure after European games, and the delay meant that he didn't arrive at the airport in time to rejoin the Madrid expedition. The plane carrying the Madrid squad back to Spain had already taken off and Casemiro had to spend the night in Munich. He has been booked on the next flight back to Madrid and expected to arrive home this afternoon in time for the early evening session programmed for 17:00 hours in Valdebebas.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer