Ex-Zaragoza, Sporting and Tenerife player Juanele back in prison after losing appeal
The former player is spending his first day behind bars at Villabona prison after losing his appeal. He was charged with attacking his ex-girlfriend with a baseball bat.
Juan Castaño Quirós, more commonly known as Juanele, is back behind bars at Villabona prison, according to reports today by Radiotelevisión del Principado de Asturias (RTPA). The former Zaragoza, Sporting and Tenerife is serving time for attacking his ex-girlfriend, allegedly with a baseball bat and had his request to be pardoned thrown out by the Parole Board. Juanele began serving his sentence at the end of March
Former player Juanele back behind bars
The 46-year-old was convicted for violent disorder and for breaching a restraining order in June 2015 when he allegedly entered the hairdressing salon run by his ex-girfriend in El Natahoyo and assaulted the women in front of another employee.
According to local newspaper El Comercio, the regional court sentenced Juanele to a year in prison in August last year for domestic abuse. He also faced further charges for presumably causing damage to a car which he mistakenly believed to be his ex-girlfriend's.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22