Zinedine Zidane analysed his side's 2-1 victory over Valencia, which sent his side back to the top of LaLiga pending the Barcelona derby.
Valencia: “We were made to suffer but we knew it would be difficult. When you don’t score the second goal the other side can score… but we deserved the result. We worked hard and put a lot into the game.”
Another late goal… “I would have liked to have made the result safe earlier but we know that any of our players can score at any minute. Today one of the defenders did it.”
Marcelo and Carvajal: “We know they are both very good players. Marcelo and Dani had a good game, they attacked a lot. They are both among the best three or four full backs in the world. They were more active in attack than usual and that’s a bonus for the team.”
Zidane: "The fans helped us to score the second"
Bernabéu support at the end: “They knew that we needed a push and they came through in the best way. We were stuck for 30 minutes, they were very tight at the back. But the fans helped us to score the second. That’s what this club is about.”
James: “He played well and he did his job. I’m happy with his performance and with the whole team.”
Isco to start against Atlético? “You’ll see on Tuesday. It’s true that he’s in phenomenal form at the moment but he played in Riazor. At the end of the day I have to think about the squad.”
Fixture pile-up: “Through my experience as a player when you’re playing every three days you try to control the match and more so when you have a very important game on Tuesday. We were able to squeeze out a bit more energy at the end of the game.”
Varane: “He will be available for Tuesday. He played against Deportivo but we have to be careful. The last time he came back he had a recurrence of his injury and I don’t want that to happen again. We have important games coming up.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption