Cüneyt Cakir to officiate Atlético-Real Madrid UCL second leg
The 40 year old Turkish match official has been selected by UEFA to oversee proceedings at the Calderon on Wednesday.
AS has been informed that Cüneyt Cakir is set to be the referee for Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second leg between Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid at the Caldeon with a ticket to the Cardiff final on the line.
The 40 year old Turkish official was the referee for the 2015 Berlin final when Barcelona saw off Serie A side Juventus with a 3-1 win and was also the fourth official in Lisbon for the 2014 final as Real Madrid overcame city rivals Atlético in extra time.
The Turk has officiated Real Madrid on six occasions and just whistled an Atleti match on one occasion as "Los Rojiblancos" lost to Bayern at the Allianz Arena but advanced to the Milan final in 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United