Neymar has spoken out about the contract uncertainty that his Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi finds himself in. In an interview with beIN SPORTS, the Brazilian made it clear that he would like to play alongside Messi for years to come.
Lionel Messi rejected Barcelona's opening contract offer. His current deal at Camp Nou expires in June 2018.
Neymar: Barcelona should get to work
“I have been here with Leo for four years, and I am learning every day: how to strike the ball, how to be alert during matches… Messi is from another planet.”
Speaking about the Argentine star’s ongoing contract negotations, Neymar was unequivocal.
“I hope that he renews, and that the people at Barça get to work so Leo can continue with us.”
El Clásico celebration
Neymar also discussed Messi’s now-iconic celebration following his winning goal at the Bernabéu in an entertaining Clásico clash: “It was the best image of the Clásico, something to go down in history.”
Neymar himself was unable to play in El Clásico due to suspension, and watched the match on TV.
“I was really looking forward to playing. After the game I called Messi, and they [the team] took photos while we spoke.”
Las Palmas host Barcelona on 14 May as LaLiga reaches its climax. Here's how to watch it or follow it online.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game
- MEDICARE Does Medicare cover hearing aids or eye exams?
- US LOTTERY How is Powerball paid out?
- NFL Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson passes Dan Marino to set new record
- NFL Player ratings for the Cardinals vs Browns game | NFL Week 6
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves: times, TV channel, radio and how to watch Game 2 online tonight