In the 62nd minute of Real Madrid's 4-1 win over Sevilla at the Bernabéu, Madrid's last home game of the season, James Rodríguez was substituted for Casemiro. As the Colombian came off he stopped and applauded the entire ground.
James says goodbye to Real Madrid
It seemed to be a very clear final farewell from James, who has never really found his place in Zidane's plans and who had threatened to 'look at the options' back in December as he struggled to get playing time. He decided then to fight for his place, but despite recent good performances it appears clear he's not going to be a regular starter and the club would be happy to move him on.
Manchester United beckons...
And this week, news came out of Colombia, from radio station RCN, that James has in fact already reached an agreement with Manchester United.
And today the player very clearly appeared to say his last adiós to the Real Madrid supporters at the Bernabéu.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues