Atlético Madrid to pay tribute to fans and ex-players in farewell
The club is preparing a big send-off for their final game of the season at the Vicente Calderón stadium on Sunday and will focus attention on their two pillars: the fans and ex-players.
Atlético Madrid are all set for their big farewell to the Estadio Vicente Calderón on Sunday when they welcome sixth place Athletic Bilbao. Much of the focus of the tributes will be on the clubs two pillars: the fans and ex-players of the Madrid club.
Big send off at the Vicente Calderón
The party will begin as soon as the final whistle blows on their 38th Liga match of the season, with the hope that fans will stay around to join in. The club will ask that everyone stays in their seats to enjoy what they are going to lay on...but it'll be a surprise. What we do know is that the current players, those heroes from past generations, as well as the supporters, will play a leading role in proceedings.
Demolition not to start too early
Of course, Sunday's final game for the rojiblancos is not the last piece of action that the Vicente Calderón will see. There is still the Copa del Rey final, a legends of Atleti match and music concerts ahead of the demolition. For this reason, the club is asking fans not to start the demantling of the stadium quite yet, offering an alternative momento.
As of next season, Atlético Madrid will play their home games at the Wanda Metropolitano.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool