Iago Aspas dive: second yellow rescinded by competition committee
The Celta Vigo player was booked for a dive against Real Madrid but it has been rescinded and he can play in the LaLiga finale on Sunday against Real Sociedad.
The competition commiitte, which met urgently on Friday, has decided to rescind Iago Aspas' second yellow for the dive against Real Madrid on Wednesday that saw the player sent off, before Real Madrid went on to win 4-1.
Martinez Munuera sent the player off in the second half for a second bookable offense after he was booked in the first half for protesting a Raphael Varane handball that the referee did not give. Celta Vigo presented images and videos to show that Ramos did make contact with the players leg. Competition reviewed the decision and gave the Celta player the benefit of the doubt.
The Moañes striker is allowed to play against Real Sociedad on Sunday in an effort to keep his lead at the top of the Spanish strikers' table. He leads it by two goals ahead of Aritz Aduriz.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots