West Ham renew Adrián and open the door to Arbeloa
"Adrián's contract was coming up for review but we had an option which we decided to activate. He's one of our players and we're happy with him", said Bilic.
West Ham manager Slaven Bilic confirmed on Friday that the club has activated the clause in Adrián San Miguel's contract to automatically extend the Spanish goalkeeper's contract by two years. The Hammers boss also made it clear that the door is open for Álvaro Arbeloa, who is expected to move on this summer.
Adrián prolongs West Ham stay
Adrián's contract was due to expire on 30 June but West Ham exercised their option to automatically renew his contract, which means the 30-year-old keeper with remain at the club until 2019.
"Adrián's contract was up for review but we had an option to renew his arrangement with us which we have triggered. He's one of our players and we are very happy with him", Bilic told reporters today, whilst previewing Sunday game against Burnley. Adrián arrived on a free transfer from Real Betis in 2013.
Bilic also gave an update on Arbeloa's situation. The centre-back joined from Real Madrid on a one-year free transfer last summer but has hardly featured - making just four appearances in all competitions. "Álvaro's situation is different to Adrián's. He came just for the one season and his contract is coming to an end. But I will be talking to all of the players individually about these things, but not with the press", the coach said.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?