Dortmund's Marc Bartra makes return to first team action
The defender played his first game on Saturday since fracturing his wrist in a bomb attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus on April 11th.
Marc Bartra played his first game on Saturday since injuring his wrist in the bomb attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus on April 11th. The 26-year-old Spaniard started Dortmund's last game of the Bundesliga season at home to Werder Bremen.
Bartra back in business
It was his first appearance in competitive football since surgery after fracturing his right wrist when three bombs hit Dortmund's bus on the way to their Champions League quarter final at home to Monaco last month. With Bartra in hospital, the German side played the first-leg less than 24 hours after the attack, losing 3-2 to Monaco eventually losing 6-3 on aggregate to the French league side. Former Barcelona player Bartra was released from hospital four days after the bomb blast.
Dortmund bomb blast culprit detained
A German-Russian, identified only as 28-year-old Sergej W has been charged with the attack and prosecutors have said the motive was financial and not terror-related. He has been charged with attempted murder, setting off explosions and causing serious physical injury. He was hoping to profit from a drop in the football team's share price as a result of the attack. As well as Bartra, a policeman on a motorcycle escorting the bus suffered trauma from the noise of the blast.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card