Unbeaten Celtic match Rangers' 118-year record
Brendan Rodgers has another milestone to celebrate at the end of a superb first season as manager of Celtic.PSG vs Celtic live online
Glasgow Celtic have ended the Scottish Premiership season unbeaten to match a 118-year record held by city rivals Rangers.
Hearts win means Celtic equal Rangers record
Brendan Rodgers' side ended the top-flight campaign with a 2-0 home win over Hearts, which came courtesy of Leigh Griffiths and Stuart Armstrong goals.
0 - Celtic are the first team to go unbeaten in an entire Scottish top-flight league season since Rangers in 1898/99. Invincibles. pic.twitter.com/cmCi8LIGCp— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) May 21, 2017
The champions have won a record 34 and drawn four of their 38 matches this term, giving them a total of 106 points – the best in the division's history.
Celtic season scoring record increased
They have scored 106 goals across those 38 matches – another record, surpassing the previous best they set in 2003-04 – and conceded only 25.
It marks the first time that a club in Scotland's top tier has gone the entire league season without defeat since Rangers managed the feat across an 18-game campaign in 1898-99.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates