Giro d'Italia: Dumoulin bid dented by call of nature
An unexpected toilet break left Tom Dumoulin with a much reduced lead in the 2017 Giro d'Italia on Tuesday afternoon.
Tom Dumoulin's progress in the Giro d'Italia came to an unexpected halt during stage 16, as he stopped on the side of the road for an impromptu toilet break.
Dumoulin forced to make unscheduled pit stop
Dumoulin went into Tuesday's stage 2 minutes and 41 seconds clear at the top of the Giro's general classification, but found himself playing catch-up on his challengers after he got off his bike to relieve his apparent discomfort.
The Dutchman stripped down his kit in order to answer the call of nature, but his stoppage proved to be a particularly untimely one.
He ended the stage - won by Vincenzo Nibali - still at the head of the standings, but with his lead over second-placed Nairo Quintana reduced to 31 seconds.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption