Caballero the latest to depart Manchester City
Manchester City's first-team cull has continued with goalkeeper Willy Caballero the latest departure to be confirmed.
Manchester City have announced that Willy Caballero will leave the club when his contract expires on June 30.
The goalkeeper, who joined from Malaga in 2014, made 27 appearances this season after forcing his way into manager Pep Guardiola's starting line-up ahead of the out-of-sorts Claudio Bravo.
However, the 35-year-old's deal will not be renewed and he will quit City next month.
"It's been a privilege to play for Manchester City," the Argentine told the club's official website. From the first day I arrived, everyone at the club has made me feel welcome and I will always be grateful to them. To win the League Cup in such dramatic circumstances was special and it's a day I will never forget."
Manchester City clean-out
Manchester City also announced that they will part ways with Jesus Navas after four years with the club and 183 games with the club. The now 31-year-old joined from Sevilla and has been linked with a move back to the Andalusian club.
Txiki Begiristain said about Navas, "His hard work, dedication, professionalism and desire to win have been apparent every single day. He showed his versatility numerous times this season, operating at full-back and doing so with distinction.
“I wish him all the very best with his next move.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher