Agreement between Celta Vigo and Pachuca over Hirving Lozano
Celta Vigo have signed the 21-year-old winger despite there being some stalling during negotiations in the winterPSG - Real Madrid: Champions League
Following months of interest and sending scouts to analyse the player, Celta Vigo have signed Mexican winger, Hirving Lozano. The 21-year-old will arrive in Vigo after the Confederations Cup.
According to AS Mexico, Celta's directors purchased 80% of the player for €14 million with Pachuca keeping the other 20% in the hopes of making some profit on a possible future sale.
This 20% was a sticking point during the negotiations and it forced Celta president Jose Mouriño to travel to Mexico himself to meet with his good friend Jesus Martinez. The Mexican relented and the 20% was the figure that Pachuca would keep in the end as the talented youngster makes his way to Mexico.
Lozano has played in 149 games for Pachuca and he has scored 43 times despite the fact that he is a winger. In addition, he has played 13 times for Mexico. In underage competition, "Chucky" has played 16 times and scored seven times.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign