Nolito has claimed he is desperate to leave Manchester City, saying he is "crazy" about returning home to Spain. After arriving on a four-year deal from Celta de Vigo in July last year, he played a part in the first half of the season before falling out of favour with Pep Guardiola, finishing the season having played 19 Premier League matches - nine of those in the starting XI.
Bernardo Silva arrival closes door to first team for Nolito
"I'm crazy about returning to Spain," Nolito told Cadena COPE's Tiempo de Juego programme last night. "City keep signing players, we'll see if they sign anyone else and make it easy for me to leave".
Nolito laments low-key season
Nolito described his season as forgettable after netting just six goals in all competitions – a tally he exceeded in all three campaigns at Celta. The Spain international said he knew of interest in his services, including from LaLiga giants Atlético de Madrid.
"I hope I can leave, whether it's on loan, a transfer or whatever. I have several teams I’d prefer to join but it depends on City. I have two years left to run on my contract", he added. "I know about the interest from Atlético and Celta... but they're things for my agent to deal with"
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen