Cultural Leonesa return to the Second Division 42 years on
More than four decades since they were last in the second tier, Cultural Leonesa were promoted after being Barça B 2-1 on Sunday.
Cultural Leonesa were promoted to Spain's Second Division, the Liga 1|2|3 on Sunday after a drawn-out 2-1 win over a Barcelona B who were unable to overturn the 0-2 result from the first leg. Goals from Julen Colinas and Gallar put Cultural back in the second tier 40 years since their last stint in the category in the 1974-75 season.
Barcelona B take the lead against Cultural
Barça's reserves B had De la Barrera's players fretting when Jesús Alfaro fired the azulgranas ahead and requiring just one goal to level the tie. The two teams retired at half-time with the score at 0-1 but Julen Colinas made it 1-1 on 64 minutes to put Cultural back in the driving seat Gallar added a second with a stunning free-kick with little under a quarter of an hour remaining to put the seal on an historic day in the club's history.
Gerard López's Barça ended the game flagging but there was a shock right at the end of the game when Cultural Leonesa's keeper Palatsi was left unconscious after colliding with another player. The keeper finally came around and was taken off-field on a stretcher with the team already promoted to the Segunda División.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7