FC Barcelona officially launched their new football kit on Monday morning which will be used in the coming season. The attacking trident of Messi, Suárez and Neymar were chosen to exhibit the items along with Andrés Iniesta and Gerard Piqué
The announcement comes on the back of the club's Copa del Rey win at the weekend and ahead of the expected unveiling of Luis Enrique's successor as manager, the belief being that it will be Ernesto Valverde.
Our new kit for the next season!— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) 29 May 2017
The shirt never sleeps.
🔵🔴 Força Barça! pic.twitter.com/NaixpxxKZp
Catalan flag and updated blaugrana please Neymar
One of the main differences in the shirt is that of the main sponsor. Rakuten, the Japanese giant of electronic goods, will take the place of Qatar. Other changes include an updating of the blaugrana colours and the inclusion of the Catalan flag around the collar. The words Força and Barça are also written on the inner sleeves.
Brazilian superstar Neymar Jr said as part of the promotion:
“Pulling on the new Barça kit for the first time creates a mixture of pride and optimism for the season ahead. It looks and feels like a modern uniform of sport.”
Barça kit available in June
The new kit will be available in the club store and other authorised vendors from 1 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades