Marc-Andre Ter Stegen extends Barcelona contract
German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen tied his future to Barcelona by extending his contract with the Catalan club to 2022 on Monday.
German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen tied his future to Barcelona by extending his contract with the Catalan club to June 2022 on Monday.
Ter Stegen pledges future to Barcelona
Barcelona’s statement read: “FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with Marc-Andre ter Stegen to extend and improve his contract until June 30, 2022. His buy-out clause rises to 180 million euros”. The club added that the player will sign his new contract at the Camp Nou offices tomorrow.
Ter Stegen has won nine trophies in three seasons since joining from Borussia Mönchengladbach in 2014. However, after sharing duties with Claudio Bravo in his first two campaigns, the 25-year-old has established himself as Barça's undisputed first choice in goal since the Chilean departed to join Manchester City last August.
Tying down Ter Stegen is just the latest in a series of high-profile contract renewals at the Camp Nou as Barça prepare for a new era after the departure of coach Luis Enrique. Neymar, Luis Suárez and Ivan Rakitic have all signed long-term deals in the past year, whilst Leo Messi is expected to become the highest paid player in the world with a bumper renewal in the coming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool