Saúl described the importance of Antoine Griezmann to Atlético Madrid but insisted no one is above the club amid links with Manchester United.
Saúl: Griezmann is his own man
France international Griezmann is being widely tipped to swap Atlético for Premier League giants United in the off-season.
Griezmann scored 26 goals in all competitions as Atlético finished third in LaLiga and reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2016-17.
Saúl, however, believes the 26-year-old forward can be replaced if he opts to leave the Spanish capital.
"In the end, Antoine Griezmann can manage his future as he wishes," Saúl said to Diario AS.
"He is with us. We are waiting for him in pre-season and finally his future he will decide.
"If Antoine Griezmann leaves we have [Fernando] Torres, [Kevin] Gameiro, [Angel] Correa and [Yannick] Carrasco. He is a very important player for us, we know the quality he has, but most importantly no one player is above the club."
Diego Costa would be welcomed at Atleti
Speculation surrounding the future of Chelsea's Diego Costa has also been rife, with the striker stating that he will only leave Stamford Bridge for Atlético.
Saúl spoke about the possibility of re-signing Costa: "If he can be signed, he would be well received, he know the place and we know him too."
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United