What was Gabriel Jesús up to before the 2014 World Cup?
The Manchester City striker shared a photo on social media, which serves as a reminder of how much the Brazilian's life has changed in recent years.
The life of Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesús has changed a great deal in a short space of time.
Gabriel Jesús key to City
The Brazilian joined Pep Guardiola's Manchester City from Palmeiras in January and, despite a foot injury curtailing his run in the first team, he has become one of the most potent weapons in Pep's attacking arsenal.
In his first few months in English football, the 20 year old scored seven goals in ten Premier League matches, as well as notching up four assists.
Pintando a rua para a copa de 2014 🇧🇷⚽️🙏🤙🏽 pic.twitter.com/U5tjOATgNY— Gabriel Jesus (@gabrieljesus33) 30 de mayo de 2017
Brazil World Cup excitement
Such has been his impact in Manchester, it is easy to forget that three years ago, he was not yet a professional footballer.
In the build up to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, the youngster was busy painting the streets of São Paulo in the colours of the Brazilian flag, just like any other kid in the neighbourhood.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history