Theo Hernández missing for France U-21s in Marbella
The full back, who is expected to join Real Madrid this summer, hasn't turned up as expected at the French national camp but photos have emerged of him sunning himself.
Theo Hernández was expected to be present with the France under-21 squad on Tuesday morning but so far has not made an appearance, and has not been authorised for time off. Pictures have, however, been circulating showing him sunbathing in Marbella.
The French Football Federation has attempted to contact the Atlético Madrid footballer - who is expected to make the move across town to join rivals Real Madrid in the coming weeks - but the calls have gone unanswered.
Theo Hernández, absent without leave
Sylvain Ripoll, the new coach of the younger age groups of the French national side, spoke to the press and confirmed the player's absence:
"Theo Hernández is not here. There is no explanation for this at the moment. I have taken note of his absence. He'll probably meet up in the next couple of weeks to explain things to the Federation".
So far, no other players have been called up to replace the left-back as the team prepare for two friendly matches against Albania and Cameroon.
Relaxing Theo after a tough season with Alavés
Interestingly, not long after the 'missing person' situation, a photo of Theo started circulating social media accounts. The player who starred for Alavés this past season, along with teammates Alexis Ruano (who uploaded the picture) and Vigaray looked to be having a good time on the beach in Marbella.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy