Fourth seed Garbiñe Muguruza gained further momentum in the defence of her French Open title with a straight-sets win over Kazakh Yulia Putintseva on Friday.
The Spaniard defeated the 27th seed 7-5, 6-2 to advance to the fourth round of the women's draw at Roland Garros, closing out victory with an ace in a match that saw 11 breaks of serve in its 20 games.
Mladenovic or Rogers up next for Muguruza
"With each match my confidence is improving," said Muguruza. "I think it's important that the three matches I have played have not been easy at all."
The 23-year-old now goes on to play French 13th seed Kristina Mladenovic for a place in the quarter-finals.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?