Martin Odegaard: "Real Madrid still have faith in me"
The young Norwegian midfielder, who is on loan at Heerenveen, spoke to TV 2 about how his first season in Holland has been going.
Ødegaard gaining more minutes in Holland
Loan stint at Heerenveen: "It was my decision, but Real Madrid made all of the arrangements for it to happen. It was my choice because I wanted to play more".
Satisfied with first year in Holland: "It was important for me to be playing at the top level. If I hadn't done it, I would have stayed in Madrid, where the daily training sessions were the best part for me. At the end of the season, it was agreed that I should stay another year here. I feel like I've made the right decision; I've joined a club which suits me, has a great history and promotes the development of young players".
Madrid monitoring Ødegaard's development at Heerenveen
Madrid keeping tabs on progress: "I had the opportunity to train with the best players in the world and the club still has faith in me. They said that they would be monitoring how I am getting along and say that they still want to invest in me. I'm not speaking to Zidane as often these days, but I chat regularly with the chief scout. They come to watch my games and follow me closely".
The Duodécima: "Of course I'm happy that Real Madrid won the Champions League. It shows that they are tghe best club. They were crown champions of Europe by beating Juventus, who eliminated Barça".
Determination: "I would have loved to have had more chances at Real Madrid but I knew how difficult it would be when I first arrived. It was special being able to train alongside players I had only seen on television and YouTube. It was a bit surreal being next to them".
Recommended in English
- Cryptocurrency How do NFTs hurt the environment?
- NFL Who is the lowest paid player in the NFL? Is there a minimum salary in American football?
- NFL Which NFL team is on longest drought without a Conference Championship Game appearance?
- NFL Brittany Matthews responds to critics amid champagne celebration of Chiefs' win
- TAX SEASON 2022 What is IRS Letter 6419 and what should I do if I receive it?
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"