Sergio Canales gives thumbs up to Betis switch
The Verdiblancos are keen to make the midfielder their first signing of the summer but it appears Real Sociedad don't want him to leave.
Betis are close to completing their second signing of the summer, Real Sociedad midfielder Sergio Canales. New coach Quique Setién sees Canales as the perfect player to boost the team's passing attributes and increase circulation of the ball in the centre of the park. The player, who was personally contacted by Setién, wants to be more playing time and that is something which Eusebio cannot promise at Real Sociedad - even with the team playing in Europa League. La Real will also have to find place for Rubén Pardo, who returns from his loan at Betis. The midfield positions are priority for Betis who are shortstaffed in the area after Petro left to join São Paulo earlier this month.
Betis studying Sergio Canales loan deal
Real Sociedad are open to the idea loaning Canales for three million euros and making a saving on one the squad's highest earners. José Miguel López Catalán said that the club is looking to make "four or five signings" before the squad is due back from their holidays.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?