Pepe completes two year deal with Turkish champions Besiktas
The Portuguese defender has signed a two year deal with the Black Eagles following the expiry of his term with Real Madrid on June 30.
After much speculation surrounding his future, Pepe will play his football with Turkish side Besiktas JK after the Portuguese defender penned a deal with the current SuperLig champions that keeps him in Istanbul through to June 2019 (plus one additional season as optional).
Following his ten seasons with Real Madrid the player has opted for Turkey over Paris and will hook up with Portuguese national team colleague Ricardo Quaresma, currently in his second spell with the black and whites.
"One stage ends and a new one starts" claimed Pepe after signing his new deal with the Istanbul side. Among the honours secured by the 34 year old defender during his career with the Spanish giants are Champions League, Spanish league, Copa del Rey as well as the Euro 2016 with his national Portugal last summer in France.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes