Benítez steps up interest in Jesús Navas to stall Sevilla move
Newcastle are keen on the former City winger and are prepared to meet the asking price, which is reportedly too high for the Andalusian club.
Sevilla moves stalls
Jesús Navas' return to his hometown club Sevilla has currently stalled. After seeing out his contract at Manchester City, a return to La Liga and Sevilla appeared on the cards, with the Andalusian club reportedly happy to welcome back one of its standout youth-team products. Nevertheless, Navas' wage demands of 1.5 million euros per year has complicated the switch.
Moreover, Sevilla now have a new competitor for the player's signature. Newcastle coach Rafa Benítez has made his interest known in signing the player and the English club is reportedly willing to meet the asking price, yet another sign of the Premier League's increased financial clout. The Magpies have recently been in touch with the player's representatives and negotiations are currently taking place.
Navas would be newly promoted Newcastle's third acquisition of the summer, with the French defender Florian Lejeune and Christian Atsu, who helped Newcastle win promotion back to the Premier League during his loan spell with the club last season, both signing for Benítez's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"