Jordi Mestre: "I am 200% sure that Neymar will stay"
Barça's sporting vice-president joined Josep Vives in rejecting rumours that Neymar will leave Camp Nou for PSG this summer. He was coy on Verratti.
Barcelona remain calm amid rumours that Neymar will move to Paris Saint Germain. The Brazilian winger’s father will travel to Paris this week to meet with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaífi.
Barcelona confident of Neymar stay
Yet Jordi Mestre, the sporting vice-president of Barça assured in a press conference that “I am 200% sure that he will stay.”
Mestre contined, “I have read information in the French press that refutes rumours about PSG’s supposed offer, a club that we continue to have absolutely normal relations with. We have the same relations that we always have done, nothing has changed in that respect.”
These latest comments from within the club corroborate Josep Vives, who on Monday rejected news of Neymar’s supposed switch to Ligue 1.
Mestre not drawn on Verratti
Mestre was coy when asked about Barça’s interest in PSG midfielder Marco Verratti:
“We don’t talk about players with active contracts. We only concern ourselves with our squad.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds