PSG plan to unveil Neymar before the weekend
The player's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, confirmed to BFMTV that the Ligue 1 club hope to finalise the deal by the end of the week.
PSG plan to unveil Neymar as their new player before the weekend, according to his agent Wagner Ribeiro. The Brazil international told his teammates and Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu of his intention to leave the club and sign for the Ligue 1 giants on Wednesday morning and PSG are now preparing to speed up the process so that Neymar can make his debut for the club in the Ligue 1 opener against Amiens on August 5.
Neymar to be unveiled on Thursday or Friday
PSG are attempting to rush through the paperwork and have everything signed and sealed by Thursday or Friday so that Neymar can be officially unveiled by the end of the week, Ribeiro confirmed. “PSG will pay the clause and he will be presented before the end of the week,” he told French 24-hour news channel BFMTV. PSG hope to carry out the player’s medical on Thursday.
Barça issued a statement on Wednesday confirming that Neymar had been given permission to miss training and that he would be sold if the full amount of his 222-million-euro release was paid. Once that is done, and if LaLiga accepts the terms of the transfer, Neymar will be free to sign for the French club.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement