Las Palmas open talks with Manchester City's David Silva
The midfielder is under contract until 2019. He has said on various occasions that he would like to end his career in his home townChelsea - Barcelona U - 19 live: UEFA Youth League final
David Silva is reported to be negotiating his return to Spain with the idea that he will return on conclusion of his contract with Manchester City. Silva would be able to leave City on a free in June 2019 and his plan is to return home to see out his playing days at Las Palmas.
Silva plotting return to Las Palmas
Acording to Elgoldigital, Las Palmas and Silva have reached a verbal agreement about the player joining once his commitments to City are over - but only on the condition that the islanders are in the top division, LaLiga Santander. The midfielder wil be 33 when his contract ends in 2019. He has already rejectedseveral lucrative offers from Spanish clubs as his plan is to continue with City where he is a one of the team's star players. The player himself has been open about how he wants to end his playing career: “If I go back to Spain, it will be to play for Las Palmas”, he said 18 months ago.
Recommended in English
- BOXING Fury tells Whyte to "step up and take beating" as fight talks go on
- NFL New York Giants sticking with Jones, rule out Watson move
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM